The Gathering – Philly 2017!
Music Makes Me Happy Honors Legendary Joan Myers Brown During Women’s Month at The Gathering in West Philadelphia.
On March 22nd 2017 at William Street Common we hosted The Gathering, an annual tri-city mixer, which brings together artists and organizations who inspire social change through art and music. Guests enjoy great food, cocktails, music, live art, a panel discussion, featured community arts organization exhibits, and 100+ amazing professionals in Philly creating impact while changing lives.
Feature Live Performances Included:
- Chartrel, singer and recording has sung with the best of them including BET Honors, BET Music MaXers, Leah Smith, Ver;cal Current, Robert Glasper, and Eric Robeson.
- Janee Latrice, a recording ar;st from West Philadelphia who loves every opportunity to grace the stage. Janee recently performed for The 2016 Democra;c Na;onal Conven;on’s Delegates Welcome Recep;on in Philadelphia.
The topic of discussion during the featured panel will engage talks about Inspiring Social Change and Civic Engagement Through Art and Music in Philadelphia and Beyond!
Confirmed Panelists Included:
- Joan Myers Brown, the founder of The Philadelphia Dance Company (PHILADANCO) and The Philadelphia School of Dance Arts.
- Dave Silver, founder of Rec Philly which is Philadelphia’s crea;ve agency that focuses on building careers for crea;ve people.
- Lyrispect, a passionate wordsmith, curator and educator who has authored a collec;on of poetry, created a mul;-media series, contributed to two murals in the city of Philadelphia.
- “Just Greg”, Founder of Philly Youth Poetry Movement.
At The Gathering, Music Makes Me Happy announce The Heart Exchange, a youth mentorship program that matches local ar;sts to youth in underserved communi;es. The program is set to launch in Philadelphia this Fall.
See official recap photos here